Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hippie Dippy Kinda Day

I gotta say, Tie Dye and bell bottoms are right up my ally. You should see some of my pics from school. Just sayin. Haha.

So, my son has spirit week next week. They kick Monday off with, 60s day. Noah begged for tie dye and little round glasses. He also wants a long wig, but I can't find one around here and don't feel like paying shipping, so he will have to do with a head strap...thing...wow...WORDS...lol

So, I scoped out our local Goodwill in lieu of making my own tie dye. Cheaper, faster, easier. Hey, don't judge. I am....saving the planet...from...hideous clothing....haha. I cut off the bottom of the green shirt and used part of the hem for his head piece, and another part for the peace sign he HAD to have, according to him. What can I say, the boy knows what he wants! Can't argue with that.

The brown shirt, I cut off a few inches from the bottom and cut about 4 inches from the middle of the shirt (from bottom to top.) then I cut 6 inch strips from the bottom and then pulled them to make them roll up. I then cut off the sleeves and the neckline as well. It is perfect! Well, for an almost first grader for spirit week, anyway. This entire project took less than 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment