Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Creepy...but cute!

I love Dilly Beans...and I love coloring..and making cards. Not all of you know this, but Card Making is where I got my start. Card making is where my heart lies...and its been too long since I have made a bunch of cards...

So, TODAY, I maded a CARD! Aren't you so proud? Well, I know I am! And this is one card I am not ashamed to show! (you know...vs just the image cause the card was so simple the other day?)

The theme for Dilly Beans' challenge this time around was to use an image to make something that was Creepy and Cute. I colored this image with Faber Castell pens/markers that I got at Target for under 3 bucks a pack. It was a steal. No joke. However, there is a learning curve to them compared to Copic. I think, that given my first time, this image isn't bad. I actually love it and have been saving it for something special!

I used very subdued tones with dark shading to achieve my "creepy" look. I think I succeeded. The charcoals and subdued fleshy pink, and the blue/gray smudging (with my free Tim Holtz ink stuffs from the convention). I think it makes it look dark and pensive.
Hope you enjoyed it! I sure enjoyed making it!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Great colours and such fab colouring of this image. Thank you for joining the Dilly Bean challenge.

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - this is just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grey and white paper.

    ReplyDelete