Friday, November 8, 2013

Harvest Blessings

Thanksgiving is, without a doubt, my favorite holiday. I know it sounds strange, but it really is. We get together with friends and/or family and there are no expectations. Its relaxing. Its fun and laughter, games and food. LOTS of food. No rushing around looking for that last minute forgotten gift. No worrying about hurting someone's feelings if you can't make the trip...just pure thankfulness and fun. 

For this card, I used the autumn stamp collection found over at the Stamp Doctor's website. I used paper from Echo Park's Reflections collection.  Its so beautiful and it was perfect for this Thanksgiving card. 
I colored the turkey and veggies with Copics.
R02
YR65
E35
YG91
YR09
R29
E53

 Then, I decided I wanted to add some depth to the turkey, so I popped out the apples and oranges with some foam adhesive squares. 
And, in keeping with my recent desire to complete the card inside and out, I cut out the word Thankful from the echo park papers (also the give thanks on the front of the card). Just makes it pop.  
Even if you are in a state (or country) that is covered in snow for the moment, I hope this brings you the warmth and happiness of Autumn and Thanksgiving. Happy crafting, and be sure to link up any projects you have done with Stamp Doctor stamps!!! 



2 comments:

  1. I love that card its just awesome, funny thing I dont like thanksgiving..LOL
    hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. That turkey looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete