Sunday, July 13, 2014

Getting In Touch With Your Artistic Side

A
So, this weekend I got to have a quick hang out with my buddy Kristy. She has been telling me to check out Dina Wakley for days and I finally took the opportunity to check her out. HOW have I not heard of this person before now? I am completely obsessed. Her style of crafting matches so closely with my heart and my own tendencies. I have a feeling I will be stalking her facebook and youtube channel often.

So after checking her out today I was so inspired that I drug out my paints and my brushes and got to work.

This was the result:


I used a lot of "freestylin" and used what I had. Nothing too fancy. The acrylic paints were from Walmart, and I happened to already have gesso, so I used that to prep my page. It really DID make a difference. The purple ink I used is Studio G. The mist is Hedi Swapp. I used 2 different stencils: 1 from Tim Holtz, and one that I am not sure of the brand, but I love it. I also used an arrow/chevron stamp that I made from an eraser. 

I created some texture paste with this tutorial I found on pinterest, and I have a feeling I will be making a lot more and using it a LOT! Here is a close up of how it looks on my Tiddly Inks image: 

I had so much fun creating this and I can't wait to make more! I went ahead and journaled a bit on the page because after I looked at it it felt a bit empty. 

I find that I will need to get a really good pen to write over acrylic paint, but that is an easy remedy. 
I hope that you are as inspired as I was! Oh! And I also had a chance to color today! WOO! Colored this Saturated Canary image using my new copic. I love R24 (Prawn). LOVE that marker! Now, to create something with her!

1 comment:

  1. love your art journal and looking forward to seeing more!! Gorgeous coloring as usual :D

    ReplyDelete