Thursday, July 24, 2014

More Stencils!



So, since I started back to work this week I haven't had time to create like I wanted, but once we get into a routine it will be easier to carve out the time.

So, while browsing around in the stencil section at Joann (not in the papercraft section, back in the paint section) I happened on this pack of Plaid brand, "simply stencils".


I was so excited! It was just under or around 4 dollars for 3 sheets of 8 x 10 stencil material! WOOT! The possibilities are endless! I am all for cheap and easy! Let me tell you what!

I decided for this purpose to just use my dies from the Spellbinders Media Mixage (said, mix AH ge): the fleur de lis to be more specific. So, here is a quick video showing you how to make the proper sandwich for your cuttlebug. 

Also, here is a link to the metal shim on Amazon.com.

Once the video was done I played around some more using some arrow dies from the new Spellbinders line, Inspire, as well as hearts from the Mixage line. Basically just a nice sampling.

Then I used a couple colors of acrylic paint and some Heidi Swapp color shine. 





This was super fun and I can't wait to use my cricut to create more stencils and then I will be SURE to share any projects with you, of course! Be inspired, and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment