Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Blog Hop Of Another Kind

Hello, again! I have been asked by Louise Gannon-Forsythe to join a fun and different type of blog hop. Its all about crafters getting to know one another and showing a little bit of what makes us tick and what makes you you as a crafter. 

Question 1: What are you working on at the moment?

Currently, I am working on all kinds of things. I am learning to love the wonderful world of Art Journaling and Mixed Media. 



Question 2: How does my work differ from others'? 

I have always been a "different" type of crafter. I am scrappy in that, I use what I have or make what I don't. I don't need fancy gadgets and gizmos (insert ear worm here). I don't do the "typical" or the "in style". I just do me. :) For example: I will go to Goodwill and buy 99 cent clothes just for the sequins. An ENTIRE DRESS for a buck! Think of the SEQUINS! 
I thought this page about summed it up in a nutshell. I also really enjoy color. Color is the one thing that inspires me above everything else. Once I have the colors, it kinda just falls together. 
I also like making my own stamps. Nothing fancy. Just simple and fun. I make them out of erasers from the dollar tree. :) I told you, I just do me! 

Question 3: Why do I craft?
I honestly and truthfully can not remember a time where I didn't have some type of creative influence in my life. My mother was the strongest influence. She is an artist who was never really encouraged or discovered. I would spend hours sitting in her bedroom floor and watch her create a masterpiece with pencils and paper. Her favorite subject was horses, hands down. 

My mother always encouraged me to create. There was never a time when I didn't have an abundance of crayons, markers, pencils, pens, construction paper, artist pads and watercolor paint. For a family that wasn't well-off, these were affordable items that gave my mother some "quiet" time and me HOURS of inspiration!

I craft because its in my blood. I craft because I can't NOT craft. There have been times when I thought I would have to give it up and the very thought made me sick and slightly depressed. There are times that projects literally torment me until I can get them out! 

These reasons, and so many more, are why I craft. 

(I have always been a little...different, hehe)


Question 4: How does my creative process work?

Typically there are 3 things that inspire me to create. 
1: Color....I am addicted to color combos and color in general. Color drives me crazy until I can create something with it. 
2: A stamp or image...there are certain artists that just have a way of capturing my imagination and coloring and creating with them really get my creative juices flowing!
3: Paper. Specifically, patterns. Sometimes its all I can do to contain myself and NOT buy ALL THE PAPERS of certain brands. I mean seriously...sometimes....its painful how much I love patterned paper. 

Also, I am inspired by other people and take new ideas and play with them and develop them into something of my own. Pinterest is such an enabler!
I hope you have enjoyed this look at the inner workings of my rather odd brain. 

I have nominated the following talented, inspiring ladies and they will be posting next Monday, September 1st. I sure hope you stop by their pages and show some love!

The fabulous LIZZIE!!! She is my crafty bestie and so much more! Be sure to check her out!


Another beautiful crafty soul, ShaunnaMichelle Here: 






3 comments:

  1. FUN! I loved learning more about ya and I have always loved your style -- stay true to you! Beautiful, quirky and just perfect. Looking forward to seeing more mixed media from you, too. I've definitely been bitten by THAT bug myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great read! Love all the pics, especially the 'mini you', too cute! So cool to read about your creative process too and learn what inspires you. Love your hand made stamps, so clever! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad is it that I forgot all about this! I love you so much Bestie!

    ReplyDelete