Saturday, August 23, 2014

A pink explosion!

My mother enlisted my help in planning a baby shower for someone who goes to her church. She had a baby girl so my dining room has looked as though it was throwing up pink for the last week. As a mother of just one boy I am SO not used to this much pink!

We decided to go with a less fru fru look and a more sweet and slightly shabby look. Decided to go with a "shower" theme. Seemed obvious, haha.

I made a poofy cloud out of tissue paper flowers and sewed card stock rain drops together and attached everything with good, strong adhesive. We will hang it at the shower using command strips.
I went to Goodwill and found some baby girl clothing that was almost new and washed and hung it on jute with some small clothes pins to create a clothes line. The umbrella was bought at Hobby Lobby.
These adorable little boots will be filled to overflowing with baby's breath on the day of the shower. I think it will be a sweet touch to add to the table.
The napkins have 1 fork and 1 spoon wrapped up inside. I used a Fiskars cloud punch and some bakers twine to keep them wrapped up tight until the day of the shower.
Also from Goodwill, I bought different sheets and ripped up strips and tied them to some twine to create a banner/bunting type thing. ;) This will hang on the front of the table. 
I created these adorable cards for the attendees to write well wishes for the baby or advice for mum. I used the fiskars cloud punch again and then used a photo corner punch I had to layer the white cardstock with some old Martha Stewart paper (that was given to me. I don't buy her stuff)
I found this wicked adorable frame at Goodwill and HAD to have it to put the instruction thing in for the well wishes card table. It was the perfect color and the perfect size and it was only 99 cents! SCORE!
I really can't wait for the shower next weekend. And no worries, I will def be posting the set up cause, that's what I do! Hope you all are having a craft-tastical weekend and staying in out of this oppressive humidity. For those of you Down Under, I envy you your winter on days like today. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful display of awesomeness!!! Loving all the pink, and such fantastic ideas for a shower :)

    ReplyDelete