Wednesday, August 3, 2016

SDC #254

Hello, again! It is me!! Back with another super fun challenge for Stampotique! This time around the challenge is, "Text Background". This one really was a cinch for me. I LOVE using text pretty much ALL of the time on my mixed media projects. I didn't want to just make a card, so I asked my son to choose some monsters and poof....a door hanger. Is that what these are called? I don't even know.

So, for the text, before I even had a picture in my head, I knew I wanted to use the "Approach With Caution" stamp for my background. Only using 1 text wasn't enough though. I used a sheet from an old dictionary and covered the hanger (from hence forth they shall be door hangers, whether this is correct or not). A smattering of gessso over it, but not enough to cover all of the words.

Next, of COURSE the Dylusions sprays came out to play. I am for serious. I friggen love the things. It came out way better than the picture in my head. Once it was all dry, I stamped the mess out of the background. Texture is another fave, so Dylusions large triangle stencil and Ranger texture paste were in order. A bit of Faber Castell gelattos and it was ready.


HOW FLIPPING FUN IS THIS?!?! Excuse the all caps, but I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Not very often that the picture in your head comes out on paper as well as you had hoped. Check out how you can see some of the dictionary words along with the stamped words. Also, side detail, the little ink dots that stayed and didn't run are SO NEAT!(sorry, caps again)
Last but of COURSE, not least, these little monsters. Noah chose Feathery Monster, and Unicorn's Cousin for his hanger, and coloring these was so fun! Watercolor pencils and water brushes. I just kept layering and drying and layering until the desired effect was reached. Both of these little monsters fit my son's personality so well. I can almost see his laughing face in them. 
I hope my little project has inspired you to go forth and create something fun with these stamps for your home. If you do, don't forget to hop on over and post your entry on our link up!!  Also, be sure to check out my team mates (posted on the left bar). They have much more eye candy to eat up! Happy creating!

Ingredients:

Stamp: Feathery Monster
Stamp: Unicorn's Cousin
Stamp: Approach With Caution
Ranger Dylusions Spray
Faber Castell Gelato
Spellbinders Circle Dies
Spellbinders Scallop Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment