Wednesday, March 29, 2017

SDC #270 Text Background

So, as if Stampotique didn't already have a ton of good sentiments and words, they now have this sweet script stamp and I thought it was perfect for this week's challenge theme which just happens to be Text Background!

I know you have seen all of our wonderful new releases for March. This uses two of our newbies. I decided to go with mail art because it just made sense to me with the text background.

I stamped Elaine  onto some label  paper that you would normally put through your printer and heat set the ink (colorbox works awesome for this). I watercolored her and heat set her again and then she was ready to go.
As for the text, I realized I had some fucia embossing powder in my stash so the words got the embossing treatment. I don't think it will be a problem for the mail service....I hope....You can tell I was having some problems as, I didn't realize until too late, that the envelope was not 100% dry yet so the powder wanted to stick where it didn't belong. MY BAD....
I also created a label out of the label paper and distressed it a bit with some doodles and ink.  Viola! Text background! Boom! Be sure to check out our other DT members (left sidebar) because they are even more amazing!! Also be sure to link up your text background projects so we can see!!

Ingredients:

Elaine: Stampotique
Text Background: Stampotique
Hanging Hearts: Stampotique
Dylusions Sprays
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray
Color Box Black Ink
Label Paper
Manila Envelope
Acrylic Gesso: Master's Touch

1 comment:

  1. Love that pink script and cool inky greens and blues together - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete